Thursday, May 31, 2007

I never know what to expect, so I'll expect the worst. And I know you won't let me down.

and I wished I was someone else. and I wished it was warmer. and when I got home, I thought about you. like a desperate policeman, searching for clues. and I almost passed out, just then. and I shut my eyes again. headed for the dark hillsides. in the hidden places.

Yeah, I'm pouring myself some whiskey, I'm gonna get real fucking drunk. I'm pouring some whiskey right now, I'm going to get so so drunk, pass out, and forget your face by the time I wake up.

Love me, I'll be anyobdy you want me to be. Use me. Change me. I can be thin with big breasts and big hair. Take me apart. Make me into anything, but just love me.

There's a whole world down in the ocean. filled with talking shrimp, and boys who call you back. but my breath won't hold long enough.

I was going to figure out the postage, and send you my heart. But my friends talked me out of it. The said "Why would you send him something broken?"

And so I drink to stay warm.
And to kill selected memories.
Because I just can’t think anymore about that or about her tonight.

As Ray Porter watches Mirabelle walk away he feels a loss. How is it possible, he thinks, to miss a woman whom he kept at a distance so that when she was gone he would not miss her. Only then does he realize that wanting part of her and not all of her had hurt them both and how he cannot justify his actions except that... well... it was life.

No comments: